Thursday, August 16, 2012

Baking up a storm..


As the smell of freshly baked Red Velvet cupcakes (recipe courtesy of the one and only, Skinnytaste) wafts through my apartment, I feel compelled to blogagain. I’m off from work until Monday, so, I figured I’d take all of the time that I have to enjoy being off, and actually do the crafting/baking/blogging that I’ve been meaning to do for quite some time.





I’m baking in preparation for my 26th birthday celebration this Saturday, which I’ve strategically planned the menu for. It consists of: Southwestern Black Bean Salad served with Baked Scoops Chips for an appetizer, Spinach Lasagna Rolls with Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Biscuits and a side salad, and for dessert, an assortment of mini red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and red velvet cupcakes with chocolate glaze. Mmmm, my mouth is honestly watering while typing (and now my stomach is grumbling, haha). Everything is even already made! I froze the lasagna rolls and the biscuits, and am letting the Black Bean salad marinate for a few days, because many said it gets even better after it marinates a while! Clearly, I’m super excited about this! So, I figure, while we are eating the delicious appetizer, I’ll have the lasagna and biscuits baking in the oven, and while that’s happening, we’ll let the games (literally) begin! I’ve planned to have a murder mystery dinner nighthence the chosen menu. The murder mystery theme is called Pasta, Pistols, and Passion. I chose the low-fat lasagna dish as opposed to a higher calorie one so that we could indulge in everything else that’s on the menu without feeling too guilty about doing so! I really think we’re going to have a blast! I can’t wait!

I will certainly be taking pictures of the entire spread on Saturday! Yippee!

Ironically enough, after having written this post primarily about food, I’m off to the gym! Later, loves!



XoXo,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment