Friday, August 3, 2012


Hey everyone! The week flew by rather quickly, but went rather well! On Monday night, I had the amazing opportunity to meet one of my favorite authors, Emily Giffin! She was everything I had hoped she would be, and more! She was absolutely adorable and so hilarious. I arrived at the book signing 2 hours early and was actually the first person there (that’s honestly the first time that I’ve EVER been the first person to arrive at an event like that), but being early definitely paid off. Emily was super cute and even took pictures of US! AND she put them on her Facebook page! So stinkin cute! Of course I’ll be posting those photos here for you to see, as well. I can’t wait to go to more book signings in the future. This one came about, really, by happenstance. I was actually walking around Bethesda with my boyfriend about a month ago, and we walked by Barnes & Noble. As we were walking, I noticed a sign that mentioned that Emily would be doing a book signing there. I couldn’t believe my eyes! I couldn’t believe that the book signing was a.) happening with one of my most favorite authors, and b.) happening so close to where I lived (only 25 minutes away)! I was PSYCHED! Now I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for future visits and signings by my other favorite authors: Janet Evanovich and Nicholas Sparks. If David Catrow just so happen to grace me with his presence at one of the schools any time soon, that would also be amazing and spectacular! Side note: I really wanted to mention to Emily that if she by chance ever needed a nanny or personal assistant, I’d totally be her girl..but..I chickened out. Maybe next time.



The top picture is one that Emily took while standing on a chair (I'm 2nd from the right-front row-my cousin is to my left). The bottom right picture is another one that Emily took-a girl in the crowd bought her a cupcake from Georgetown cupcakes, which was right down the road (they have a shop in Bethesda). 


Last, but not least, I need to show you this hilarious picture. Emily took this one too, but I doubt she noticed my cousin's face in the background... 



I know what you're thinking..that Linds looks completely disgusted by something! That honestly wasn't the case, haha, which makes it even more hilarious, in my opinion. Linds was merely admiring Emily's wedding rings (which were breathtakingly beautiful). My expression isn't nearly as noteworthy as hers, ha!

That’s all for now. I’ll be back later for more, I’m sure!

XoXo,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment